Updated: Jan 7
So we get asked often about makeup related to acne, and if we had it our way....we would say go without it. Why, you ask? Well the truth is you'll heal your acne lesions faster without it! We know that it's hard to face the world some times when your acne is at it's worst, Priscilla and I were both acne sufferers. Don't hide under a blanket, because here are some tips and recommendations for makeup...
1. You can add some foundation to our Day Treatment Lotion or Allantoin for a tinted moisturizer!
2. You can use a red or pink eye shadow as a blush, there is no pore clogging ingredients in eye shadow.
3. You can double cleanse first with Green Tea Cleanser then with your prescribed cleanser to thoroughly cleanse off makeup.
5. Do not use a pressed powder (a compact) for setting your makeup, stick to loose powder.
4. Give your skin a break from makeup 2-3 times a week.
6. If you wear lip stick, cleanse well around your vermilion line.
7. Stay away from rotary brushes such as clairsonic, they are way to harsh for acne clients.
8. When in doubt contact us
If you must cover up we recommend these makeup brands or specific items in the makeup line.
Young blood: https://ybskin.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlu75yOKf3AIVBrnACh2cHAr8EAAYASAAEgJvxfD_BwE
Covergirl tru blends (only)https://www.covergirl.com/en_us/beauty-products/face-makeup/foundation-makeup/liquid-foundation
Armani silk foundation: https://www.giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com/makeup/foundation/liquid-foundation/luminous-silk-foundation/A041.html
Bare mineral original formulation( not the matte): https://www.bareminerals.com/face-makeup/foundation/
Hourglass immaculate (very oily skin only): https://www.hourglasscosmetics.com/immaculate-liquid-powder-foundation
Jane Iredale: https://janeiredale.com/us/en/mineral-makeup/all-face-makeup.htm
Book an appointment with one of our acne specialists